Our Mission Statement
St. Francis Hospice provides a specialist palliative care service to people in North Dublin. This includes support for their families and friends and all healthcare professionals involved in their care.
The service is based on a Christian philosophy of human dignity, which treats each person with respect and compassion, irrespective of their cultural or religious background.
The hospice plays a leadership role in shaping palliative care nationally, working in partnership to advance policy, education, research and service innovation.
The underpinning values of St. Francis Hospice are commitments to…
- Creating a welcoming, relaxed and personal atmosphere of care.
- Providing quality care at a physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual and social level which respects the needs and wishes of each person.
- Supporting families and friends emotionally, psychologically and spiritually from referral through bereavement in an attentive and non-intrusive way.
- Working collaboratively as a team which cares for its members, values each one's contribution and engages in ongoing education and reflection.
- Linking with other professionals, support agencies and the local community to improve the quality of service to people who are terminally ill.
- Educating others and influencing the practice and standards of palliative care of people who are terminally ill.